These are the most frequent enquiries made by our customers:
- The menu is not in English
- The manual is not in English
- I want to update the system or install applications
- I have a technical question regarding the device
- Z and Y keyboard buttons are switched
- When I turn on the mobile phone an operator logo appears
- When will I receive my order?
- I haven’t received the tracking number
- The phone does not switch on
- For dual SIM mobile phones, what must I do to switch the SIM card?
- Do I need a password to restore factory configuration?
- The battery doesn’t last very long
- I want to configure internet on the phone
- The data connection doesn’t work
- What’s the difference between a SIM-free mobile phone and an unlocked one?
- The box is not sealed
- Where do the products come from?
- I can’t pay by card
- I require a purchase invoice
- I would like to specify a colour in my order
- How long does a mobile phone repair take?
1. The menu is not in English
Enter the Main Menu and in “Ajustes” or “Configuración”, look for the Language option. The icon is usually a tool. Here are some of the most common routes:
99% of the devices we sell have their menu in English. If it is not installed, proceed as follows:
- Android preconfigured in Spanish: Menú -> Ajustes -> Idioma y texto-> Seleccionar idioma -> English
- Android preconfigured in German: Menu -> Einstellungen -> Sprache & Tastatur -> Sprache auswälen -> English
- Update the software from the manufacturer’s official website.
- For Android systems, download and install from Google Play the free app
MoreLocale 2 or
Set Locale and Language. There are also many others available.
- For Symbian systems, go to a Nokia Care and they will do it for you free of charge.
- If you need more help, contact the manufacturer’s Customer Services.
2. The manual is not in English
You can contact the manufacturer’s website support section.
3. I want to update the system or install applications
Always update the system on your device using the official tool provided by the manufacturer, which is usually called “PC Sync” or “PC Suite”.
This action solves many of the most common software problems. Here you have a list of the update centres of the top market brands.
If you install applications, make sure they are compatible with your mobile phone and always download them from official centres like
Google Play (Android), Windows Phone Store
or Ovi Store (Symbian).
4. I have a technical question regarding the device
If you have not solved it after reading the manual, contact the manufacturer’s Customer Services by email, telephone or
through its website.
5. Z and Y keyboard buttons are switched
You have a qwertz keyboard instead of a qwerty one. The only difference between the two is that the position of the letters Z and Y are switched because the manufacturer considers
that it is more convenient for writing on smartphones through the physical keyboard.
6. When I turn on the mobile phone an operator logo appears
It is an operator SIM-free phone. This means that it is an origin SIM-free device (that has not been unlocked a posteriori), but has the operator’s logo and, possibly, some extra application or configuration. Less than 5% of the phones we sell are operator SIM-free phones.
7. When will I receive my order?
It depends on the shipping method and the destination of the package ((more info).
Please take into account that if the device appears as “Temporarily Out of Stock” or “On Order”, shipping will depend on how long our supplier takes to send us it. Delivery terms are counted
from the next working day on which payment into our account is confirmed. For security reasons, some orders can be confirmed by telephone and shipment may not be made until
verification is made.
8. I haven’t received the tracking number
For deliveries by Correos (the Spanish postal service), the latter will notify you by email or by a card left by the postman. For deliveries by courier they must send you your
tracking number by email or you can ask us for it if you have not received the parcel 24 hours after our shipping notification.
9. The phone does not switch on
Mobile phones usually are switched on and off by pressing the red hang-up button for 3 seconds. Some models have a button especially designed for switching the phone on and off.
Make sure the battery has been inserted properly.
10. For dual SIM mobile phones, what must I do to switch the SIM card?
Nothing. Dual mobile phones work with two cards at the same time and allow you to choose which SIM card to use to call or send an SMS at all times.
When you receive a call, the phone tells you to which card it is being sent.
11. Do I need a password to restore factory configuration?
Devices with Android or Windows systems do not require any password to be entered. For Mediatek systems, the password is usually 1122, 8888 or 1111. For Symbian systems, the password is usually *#7780# (soft reset) and then enter 12345 or the password *#7370# (hard reset) and then the combination 12345. In any case, consult the instructions manual of each device.
12. The battery doesn’t last very long
All lithium batteries require successive charging processes until they reach their maximum capacity. Charge it for 12 hours consecutively with the mobile off, checking that the
process is not interrupted. Repeat the operation for 5 consecutive days. You must bear in mind that lithium batteries lose their capacity with use and over time. We recommend you activate
the power saving options such as screen switch off after 5 seconds, disable key vibration or lower the screen brightness. If you have the WiFi, data connection, Bluetooth or audio or video
player constantly on the battery life will be substantially reduced.
13. I want to configure internet on the phone
With the latest versions of Android, Windows and Symbian, the phone automatically detects the data connection. If this is not the case, contact your mobile phone operator to find out
the parameters you need to insert.
14. The data connection doesn’t work
Make sure you have signed up for and enabled a data fee and have sufficient coverage. When configuring the device, check you have not confused the 3G connection data with 2.5G or
GPRS/EDGE, which are different. Take into account that the WiFi connection and data are incompatible on some models, so you will have to disconnect the WiFi and even restart the phone so that
your SIM data may work.
15. What’s the difference between a SIM-free mobile phone and an unlocked one?
All mobile phones are factory SIM-free (or origin SIM-free) and take SIM cards of any operator in the world. An unlocked mobile phone has been locked by the operator so it will only
work with its cards and, later, it has been unlocked so that it will accept all cards. Unlocked phones are usually between 10 and 30% cheaper than SIM-free ones. In our store, all mobile
phones are origin SIM-free except for the ones in the unlocked smart phones section.
16. The box is not sealed
If there is a sealing sticker on the box or not depends on the manufacturer. All devices are delivered to us with their original boxes and packaging and we do not open or manipulate
them before sending you them, unless expressly requested to do so by the customer. In any case, Tienda Siglo XXI guarantees the authenticity and originality of all its products.
17. Where do the products come from?
In our constant search for finding the best prices and best quality, we work with wholesalers and manufacturers in Spain, Germany, United Kingdom, USA and China, among other countries.
18. I can’t pay by card
Our payment gateway accepts all Spanish credit and debit cards, and most international ones. You must have enabled the e-commerce option (ask your bank). The Server will ask you for
your card details, its expiry date and the three-digit security code on the back. After entering them, the system will contact your bank, which will ask you for a second password. It is
usually sent be SMS when confirming the purchase or they will have been previously provided. You can also pay by card through PayPal without having to have an account with them. Usually its
payment gateway does not ask for the second verification code.
19. I require a purchase invoice
If you require an invoice, fill in the field “Tax ID number” when registering or placing your order and we shall include one in the parcel.
If you require one after receiving the device, send us an email to email@example.com with your name and surname, NIF, order number and the device serial number or IMEI. This last detail is very important for the warranty provision. If you prefer, we can issue it in the name of a company or another person different from the one placing the order. We shall send it to you in PDF format.
20. I would like to specify a colour in my order
On the fact sheet of each product you will see the colours available. If you want a specific colour, indicate it in the field “Comments” when placing your order.
21. How long does a mobile phone repair take?
Technical Services usually take less than one week if it is a software problem. In the case of a hardware one, it can take any time from one to three weeks depending on if there are
parts to be replaced and if they have them available. It is important to note that manufacturers and technical service centres have a maximum legal margin of three months.